Office & Facilities Assistant
Job Title: Office & Facilities Assistant
Employment Status: Full Time, Permanent (on-site)
Salary: Up to £29,500
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics Company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
Join us and help build a better future.
About the role
As our Office & Facilities, you will work closely with the Facilities Manager to support and ensure a smooth and effective running of the workplace, and to promote the continuous improvement of our environment and working practices. This role is diverse, with a range of responsibilities related to front of house activities, office, facilities, health, and safety and assisting with ad hoc projects.
It will be essential for you to possess excellent organisational and time management skills, and to work efficiently whilst demonstrating flexibility and adaptability. You will be driven, enthusiastic and demonstrate a can-do attitude.
Front of House
- First point of contact for our visitors, helping to welcome, sign-in and induct all guests and contractors
- Manage the telephone system, coordinate outgoing post, liaise with couriers, chase domestic and international parcels, and arrange deliveries
- Maintain and order Company stationery, office, kitchen and general supplies
- Manage the office keys and key register
- Assist with internal moves of equipment and meetings
- Assist with arranging Company events and booking business travel
- Assist Company executives with ad hoc tasks
- Support the Facilities Manager to ensure facilities tasks and projects are completed efficiently and promptly
- Coordinate facilities maintenance work, arising from observing whether ad-hoc works are required or following the Company’s planned preventative maintenance plan
- Liaise with facilities suppliers, supporting the negotiation of maintenance contracts, and undertake reviews to ensure the best quality of service and cost efficiency
Health and Safety
- Support the Facilities Manager to implement any actions arising from Health and Safety risk assessments
- Support the Facilities Manager to ensure that any identified risks in the office environment are minimised
- Support the Facilities Manager to maintain and update facilities and health and safety related documentation
- Support the coordination of fire drills and cyclic health and safety tests
- Support the administration of risk assessments
- Providing day to day support and assistance to employees with facilities & office queries
Skills & Experience:
- Time management, organisation and prioritisation skills in a fast moving or changeable environment, where you have had to work with high levels of autonomy, pragmatism and decision making
- Accurate and professional communication style (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both within a team and individually
- Ability to remain calm and measured when under pressure; being a positive influence on others and relentless in finding an appropriate solution
- Demonstrate a service attitude, often as go-between, to get things done without necessarily having the overall ownership and control to achieve it
- Proficient with Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint
- A First Aid qualification
- You hold or are working towards a facilities- or administration-related qualification
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification – Working Safely
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being - further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- 4% matched pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Private Medical Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation
- Quarterly team building events and social events
- Enhanced maternity / paternity leave
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and build a better future.