Scientist / Senior Scientist - Sensor and Electrochemistry (6 Month FTC)
Job Title: Scientist / Senior Scientist (Sensor and Electrochemistry).
Employment Status: 6 Month FTC.
Location: Oxford – onsite
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Scientist in our Sensor and Electrochemistry practice where you will contribute to sensor design, testing and performance optimisation.
Join us and help build a better future.
- Contribute to sensor design, testing and performance optimisation.
- Develop and optimise sensing methodologies for a range of assays.
- Work closely with cartridge, assay, design, electronics, and software teams to ensure sensing methods are fully integrated with Osler system.
- Support sensor manufacturing, scale up and quality requirements.
- Master's Degree involving electrochemistry or related topic.
- First degree in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline.
- Strong practical knowledge of electrochemical sensing methods.
- Good writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of disciplines.
- Excellent general analytical skills.
- PhD in Electrochemistry or master’s degree with equivalent experience.
- Experience of developing industrial electrochemical sensors.
- Good knowledge and understanding of electrochemical biosensing methods.
- Experience in sensor manufacturing methods and processes.
- Some knowledge of programming of electrochemical devices.
Join us and build a better future.