- Job Title: Systems Engineer
- Employment Status: Full Time, Perm
- Location: Oxford – onsite
- Salary: Competitive
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join us as a Systems Engineer to support design and development of Osler products.
Join us and help build a better future.
- Support design and development of Osler products through integration of software, electrical and mechanical subsystems as part of overall system architecture
- Contribute towards investigations related to system level failure modes and implementation of identified solutions
- Support development, deployment and continuous improvement of lab based test equipment
- Assess new technologies related to company innovation strategy
- Adept at problem analysis and solving in complex electromechanical systems including ability to develop test methods / protocols to support investigations
- Working knowledge of electronics, software and mechanical engineering domains
- Hands-on experimentalist with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate complex topics to non-technical audience
- Good collaborator that can communicate with wide range of stakeholders from different disciplines
- Prioritization with minimum guidance in fast paced environment
- PhD in Electrochemistry or Master's Degree with equivalent experience
- Experience of developing industrial electrochemical sensors
- Good knowledge and understanding of electrochemical biosensing methods
- Experience in sensor manufacturing methods and processes
- Some knowledge of programming of electrochemical devices
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being -further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- Company Pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Vitality Health Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Free healthy breakfast and fruit
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay
Join us and build a better future.