Software Test Engineer
- Job Title: Software Test Engineer
- Employment Status: Full Time, Perm
- Location: Oxford – hybrid
- Salary Band: £41,000 - £56,000
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We are looking for a highly motivated Test Engineer to join the Software Development team, who will ensure that our software product is tested to high standards based on industry best practices. To achieve this, as part of a team responsible for testing, debugging, and qualifying software releases and updates, you will need great communication with the multidisciplinary team creating the product. Your goal will be to enable the team to get the software product tested and released to the market according to agreed project timelines.
Join us and help build a better future.
You’ll be a hands-on Software Test Engineer looking for a new permanent role in a company where you can make a difference to human health. Your responsibilities in this role will be:
- Automation or manual execution of test cases
- Analysis of requirements and translation into comprehensive test cases
- Engage in discussions with colleagues in other departments to clarify requirements and ensure test cases are sufficient
- Contribute to software hazard analysis and development of risk mitigation requirements
- Working with software developers to consolidate and improve our Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure
To be a good fit for this role in a growing software team your current skills/knowledge must include:
- An ability to rapidly understand complex technical requirements and derive test cases from these requirements
- Development of test scripts to automate test cases in scripting languages (such as, but not limited to, Python)
- An ability to manually execute test cases and debug where appropriate
- Software development using an Agile methodology
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to other team members including Developers, Test Engineers, and System Integration
Desirable skills are:
- Knowledge of git and platforms such as Jira and Confluence
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Any knowledge of testing Android or Embedded software
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being -further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- Company Pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Vitality Health Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Free healthy breakfast and fruit
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay
Join us and build a better future.