Metrology QC Engineer
- Job Title: Metrology QC Engineer
- Employment Status: Full Time, Perm
- Practice: Quality Assurance
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £39,000 - £50,000
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We are now recruiting for a Metrology QC Engineer based in Oxford, to support the development of our medical device component’s measurement and evaluation strategy.
Join us and help build a better future.
- Help to develop measurement strategy and evaluate test method suitability for incoming, in-process and end-of-line measurement of medical device components and assemblies
- Plan, execute and report on test method validations (eg Gage R&R)
- Create quality documentation - instructions, specifications, reports and plans
- Measure dimensions of products, parts, tools, and gauges in all stages of product development
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in using CMM and optical measurement systems
- Quality Assurance experience in a regulated industry
- Strong data analysis and SPC knowledge
- Test development and validation experience
- Ability to interpret drawings, technical specifications and product control documents
- Collaborative, pragmatic and positive attitude
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Specific process/measurement experience around moulding, gluing, liquid deposition and laminating processes
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being - further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- 4% matched pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Private Medical Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Quarterly Team Building events and social events
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
Join us and build a better future.