Senior Scientist, Assay
- Job Title: Senior Scientist
- Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
- Practice: Assay
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: Competitive
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Scientist based in Oxford to drive forward Assay Development project delivery.
Join us and help build a better future.
- Project delivery of Assay Development to pre-agreed timelines and work package prioritization.
- Ensure all associated documentation is in place and updated in-line with project progression, including updating and tracking of development project plans.
- Managing the R+D project during all stages of product development, which will involve setting and monitoring daily planning activities through all stages of project development and also be responsible for conducting troubleshooting activities as and when required.
- During all phases of product development, the Senior Scientist will be responsible for compiling and reviewing all documentation associated with the development program, from creation and review of WI, SOPs, Batch records, reagent BOM's and risk assessments.
- Support Technical Transfer once a project has reached the required level of maturity, to define and write all protocols associated with product testing during Design Verification and Clinical Validation.
- Working with the Lead scientists, this role will work closely with Technical Transfer to transfer all workflows and R+D processes to production, which will require setting up and supervising 1:1 production training.
Skills & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of the project area they will be assigned to. It is preferred that this would cover the detailed knowledge of the analyte target(s) themselves, but must at a minimum cover the development of immuno-assays for an IVD, where this experience is gained ideally within a medical device company.
- Experience in supervising teams, gained within an industrial role (preferred) or academia.
- Experience training and developing Scientists, RA's and Technicians in Assay Development.
- Proven report and documentation writing skills, where ideally from writing documents for the development of an IVD within a medical device company
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels within the company structure
- Excellent organisational skills and proven supervisory experience successfully used in previous roles to train others
- Excellent Time management skills, which can be demonstrated in delivering previous projects to agreed timelines
- Good problem-solving skills, and able to demonstrate proven ability to successfully resolve issues quickly
- Ideally the candidate would show some level of creativity within their application, which might range from project proposals, scientific writing or authorship of patents
- Working knowledge and experience of ISO 13485 gained during the development of a medical device
- Experience in immuno-assay product development experience gained within a medical device company
- Project management experience gained within a medical device company, where ideally the product has gone through feasibility to design verification and clinical validation phases
- Familiarity with regulatory approvals process for medical devices including for Europe and US.
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being - further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- 4% matched pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Private Medical Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
Join us and build a better future.