- Job Title: Lab Technician
- Employment Status: Full-Time, Permanent
- Practice: Lab Support
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £24,000 - £30,000
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
We are now recruiting for a Lab Technician based in Oxford to support the Laboratory Operations by maintaining an efficient and effective lab environment.
Join us and help build a better future.
- General maintenance and housekeeping of the laboratory, ensuring availability of consumables, including stock replenishment, ordering, stock-taking.
- Maintaining laboratory glassware and basic instrument maintenance.
- Chemical and biological waste management for R&D Labs.
- Ensuring that all work in the laboratory is undertaken following health and safety best-practice, adherence to SOPs and within risk assessment tolerances.
- Maintaining accurate records outlined by SOPs using electronic laboratory notebooks/QMS; contributing to reports, developing SOPs, WIs, risk assessments, reviews and summaries.
- Booking in and preparation of buffer solutions following relevant WIs.
- Collaborate with the Research and Development Teams to ensure the smooth operation of all Lab activities.
- Assist the Lab Manager with any further ad hoc support activities as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Organisational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritise appropriately
- Hands on approach
- Team player
- Detail orientated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Risk Assessment experience
- Experience of H&S and CoSHH
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Annual Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- 4% matched pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Private Medical Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Quarterly Team Building events and social events
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
Join us and build a better future.