Head of Systems
- Job Title: Head of Systems
- Employment Status: Full Time, Perm
- Practice: Systems
- Location: Oxford
- Salary: £90,000 - £110,000
Do you want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join Osler.
We are a UK diagnostics company whose purpose is to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand, and act on their health, to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
We are realising this through the development of the Osler Origin – a 'portable lab' capable of performing a wide range of testing, with lab-quality performance, in a portable, rapid, low-cost, and easy-to-use manner. The Osler Origin will offer a wide portfolio of diagnostic tests and serve all major healthcare settings, globally.
The Osler Origin is powered by a portfolio of novel techniques and approaches for sample addition, microfluidic sample preparation, and electrochemical biosensing, and Osler was formed out of the University of Oxford in 2017, following decades of research.
Having recently completed an $85m Series C fundraise, we are now entering a growth phase, where we are scaling our team as we take the Osler Origin product through regulatory activities, and towards market launch.
There is an exciting new role within Osler to lead the systems engineering function as Head of Systems. In this role, you will lead a team to support the design, development, integration and testing of the various elements of the system design as part of a new product development function
Join us and help build a better future.
- Lead the systems engineering function to support the design, development, integration and testing of the various elements of the system design as part of a new product development function
- Develop systems engineering approach across the business working with other functional groups (including mechanical, electronic and software engineering, product design, chemistry, biology and manufacturing) to successfully develop new products that meet all product and regulatory requirements
- Act as high-level system architect ensuring user needs are translated to lower-level requirements, including design of platform architectures for durable products with the ability to support as-yet-unspecified future consumables
- Lead a small team of hands-on integration scientists and engineers working across the system to design, test and iterate subsystem designs which span multiple disciplines
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years experience of systems engineering role within a regulated industry (preferably medical device development)
- Experience of full lifecycle product development including early-stage concepting, development, verification and transfer to manufacturing/launch
- Technical leadership background with a degree in a relevant technical field
- Good knowledge of risk management/requirement definition & management as applied to medical device development
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development of complex electromechanical IVD systems
- Experience in developing integrated systems which include chemical or biological materials
- Knowledge of microfluidic devices and assay methods for quantitative measurement of biomarkers
- Knowledge of QMS (ISO 13485 or similar) and regulatory requirements relevant to medical devices
- Knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering methodologies/tools, including relevant qualifications / professional accreditation
We offer a competitive benefits package, with a focus on health and well-being - further supporting the belief in our mission to enable anyone, anywhere, to access, understand and act on their health.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays and a Christmas closure
- Yearly Learning & Development budget 4% of your salary
- 12 days of Learning leave
- 4% matched pension
- £500 Well-being allowance
- Private Medical Insurance - (includes subsidised gym memberships)
- 24/7 access to a GP
- Life Assurance - x4 annual salary
- Income Protection - 75% of your basic annual salary
- Private Travel Insurance
- Annual eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to work loan scheme
- Relocation assistance
- Volunteering leave
- Give as you earn - pre-tax salary donations to any UK charitable organisation.
- Quarterly Team Building events and social events
- Enhanced maternity/paternity
Join us and build a better future.