Contract: Full-time, permanent
Work pattern: Based in our Oxford R&D headquarters
Salary: £28,000- £30,000 per annum
Benefits: Generous benefits including free breakfast, well-being allowance, learning and development fund
Osler has the potential to transform global health. We have built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
The Process Technician is part of the Osler Operations team creating new industry-leading diagnostics platforms for life sciences and clinical markets. In this position you will support the manufacture of new consumable products and instruments to support Osler’s industry leading diagnostics applications.
- Operate precision manufacturing equipment for biosensor production and cartridge assembly
- Perform incoming QC (Quality Control) inspection of engineered components including microelectronics and microfluidic parts
- Work with cross-functional teams to support laboratory requirements and practice
- Proactively work with the Process Engineering team to review process documentation, and suggest areas of process improvement
- Follow process controls, in-line monitoring, IPQC, and metrology for QA to ensure that product and process quality specifications are met
- Maintain equipment and batch logbooks for production
- Understand and follow Health, Safety, and Environmental policies
- Execute experimental protocols to qualify or validate production batches or new equipment
- Managing your own work areas and ensuring that it kept orderly using the 5S methodology
- Relevant industrial experience working hands-on in a high-volume manufacturing environment in Medical Devices, IVD or similar quality focussed field.
- Familiarity with metrology and measurement devices for QC
- Ability to work in a safe manner with experience following Health, Safety, and Environmental policies
- Experience with liquid dispensing systems and drying processes.
- Familiarity with a range of device assembly manufacturing techniques with particular attention to mechanical assembly, plastic moulding, multilayer laminates.
- Experience with the 5S methodology and aiding continuous improvement programs
- Exposure to clean room facilities and Good Manufacturing Practises is a plus.
OSLER WINNING BEHAVIOURS:
Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Instil Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Nimble Learning Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Collaborate Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Action Orientated Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Self Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. To create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
There is no perfect candidate, and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.