Embedded Software Test Engineer
Contract Embedded Software Test Engineer
Contract: Fulltime, permanent
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum- flexible
Osler has the potential to transform global health. It has built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
We are looking for a highly motivated Embedded Test Engineer to join the Software Development team, who will ensure that our software product is tested to high standards based on industry best practices. To achieve this, as part of a team responsible for testing, debugging, and qualifying software releases and updates, you will need great communication with the multidisciplinary team creating the product. Your goal will be to enable the team to get the software product tested and released to the market according to agreed project timelines.
Current skills/knowledge must include:
- Recent experience of testing an embedded system using test automation frameworks
- Use of JTAG and debug UARTs for understanding test behavior
- An ability to rapidly understand complex technical requirements and derive test cases from these requirements
- Formulation of detailed test cases that provide comprehensive coverage of embedded software requirements
- Some manual execution of test cases
- Software development using an Agile methodology
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to other team members including Developers, Test Engineers, and System Integration
- Driving of all aspects of embedded software test engineering including integration, system, and regression testing
- Analysis of requirements and translation into comprehensive test cases
- Automation or manual execution of test cases (automation is the main focus)
- Engage in discussions with colleagues in other departments to clarify requirements and ensure test cases are sufficient
- Collaborate with software development leads to jointly drive forward the quality of our software
- Development of test scripts to automate test cases in scripting languages (such as, but not limited to, Python)
- Working with software developers to consolidate and improve our Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) infrastructure
- Reviewing and signing off requirements and test cases
OSLER WINNING BEHAVIOURS
Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Instills Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Nimble Learning Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Collaborates Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Action Orientated Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Self Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work on the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, to do their best. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and build a better future.