Health & Safety/ Facilities Manager
Oxford, UK (onsite minimum 4 days per week)
Health & Safety/ Facilities Manager
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Location: Oxford, UK (onsite 4 days a week minimum)
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: Generous benefits including additional leave, development fund, free breakfast
The purpose of this new role will oversee the broad management and maintenance of the office space and act as the key liaison to laboratory, engineering and production operations facility requirements. Reporting to the People Team with a dotted-line to the CFO, this role will be the key cross-functional point-of-contact for broad areas of responsibility such as overall building management and maintenance, a safe, efficient and healthy working environment and forethought and planning in preparation for Osler’s rapidly evolving requirements.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Environment, Health and Safety:
- Act as the lead liaison for environment, health and safety supporting the EHS task group, lab and clinical managers in safe working regulations and initiatives. This may play a greater or lesser extent in the role depending on candidate experience.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the office space as well as acting as the key liaison for requirements in the overall building management budget, owned by the CFO.
- Lead on planning and project managing facility developments as we evolve and grow; liaising with external contractors and service providers so that we are setup to succeed well in advance of need.
- Oversee vendor management for key office supplies such as food and drink, stationery and more; as well as maintenance of office assets, PAT testing and/or other related activities.
- Lead on organising company events and support meetings/visits such as investor visits, board meetings and more.
- Co-create an effective business support function in order to develop harmonious and inter-dependant relationships across technical and non-technical teams.
- Support and co-create with the People Team, effective, healthy and productive working spaces that enable and propagate our culture, values and delivery principles.
- Support internal communications commensurate with the above areas of responsibility.
- Manage an office assistant/receptionist, who leads on front-of-house areas and will support the above activities.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in a dynamic, or fast-growth environment (Start-up or SME) is essential where are you able to demonstrate complex problem-solving in often ambiguous circumstances.
- You are able to demonstrate a service attitude, often as go-between, to get things done without necessarily having the overall ownership and control to achieve it, you are able to achieve alignment and consensus through influence, diplomacy and consultancy to achieve the best outcome for everyone.
- You a self-starter, and enjoy the autonomy of self-management and decision-making; demonstrating resilience to conflicting needs and able to make purposeful and necessary trade-offs to take the best course of action.
- Experience in EHS activities such as risk assessments, SOP’s etc.
- Experience in a technical, scientific, or engineering environment would be useful.
- Experience with confident and clear internal communications.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.