Senior Java Software Developer- Medical Device
Senior Java Software Engineer- Medical Device
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Location: Headquartered in Oxford/hybrid
Salary: Up to £85,000 per annum
Benefits: Generous benefits. For the right candidate we are able to sponsor a visa and support relocation.
Osler has the potential to transform global health. It has built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
What we are looking for:
You’ll be a confident, hands-on Java software engineer looking for a new permanent role in a company where you can make a difference to human health. To be a good fit for this role in a growing software team, your current skills must include:
- Delivery of stable Java applications with rich user interfaces, as well as an appreciation of the interaction between the application and the underlying hardware/platform
- Ability to quickly understand and contribute to an existing codebase
- Capacity to propose technically sound solutions to complex problems
- Exposure to native Android app development OR development of applications using Linux
- Working with UX designers to design and implement complex user interfaces
- Use of common design patterns such as MVC, MVP, and MVVM
- Integration of applications via APIs and/or hardware interfaces
- Ability to communicate clearly to other team members including Developers, Test Engineers, Product Owners, and System Integration
Desirable skills include:
- Development of code to medical device, aerospace, or automotive standards
- Use of Android development tools, and associated test frameworks
- Software development using an Agile methodology
We are open to applications from excellent candidates who don’t necessarily meet all the criteria, however, they must be able to provide real examples of where they have been able to rapidly master software technologies required for previous roles.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical subject or evidence of equivalent work experience. It is available either based at our offices in Oxford, or a hybrid remote working model with regular visits to the office.
Join us and build a better future.