Senior Engineer, Embedded Software
Osler has the potential to transform global health. It has built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Senior Engineer, Embedded Software
Full-time, Hybrid, Oxford, UK
We're looking for a confident, experienced hands-on embedded software engineer who wants to make a difference! With experience in a regulated environment (ideally ISO13485), developing safety critical software you're looking for a role with impact, in a fast-paced environment where you can get the job the done, and see the results! You should have significant experience in the following:
- Delivery of high quality embedded code in a real-time environment
- Good understanding Microcontrollers/MCUs and their interface with peripherals/sensors using I2C, USB, DMA, UARTs et
- Ability to quickly understand and contribute to an existing codebase
- Use of C or C++ languages and associated IDE’s and debugging tool
- Delivery of detailed requirements and design document
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues clearly to other team members including Developers, Test Engineers, Product Owners, and System Integration
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Development of embedded code to medical device, aerospace, or automotive standards e.g. MISRA C, STM32
- Use of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Software development using an Agile methodology
- Conducting detailed code reviews to identify issues in colleagues’ code
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
OSLER WINNING BEHAVIOURS:
Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Instil Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Nimble Learning Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Collaborate Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Action Orientated Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Self Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.