Scientist, Electrochemistry/ Biosensing
Osler has the potential to transform global health. It has built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Full-time, On-site, Oxford, UK
£30,000 - £42,000
You will perform research and development activities focussing on electrochemical biosensing, that support product development, collaborating within practice and cross-functionally with project leaders to increase the technical capability of the organisation.
- Developing electrochemical techniques for biosensing (e.g. cyclic voltammetry, chronoamperometry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy).
- Performing electrode surface characterisation using a wide range of analytical techniques including the development of new methods
- Working closely with biologists, engineers and other specialists to perform research and development from feasibility to late-stage product development
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- PhD/MSc in Electrochemistry/ Materials Science
- Experience working at high-pace with demanding deadlines
- Knowledge of electrochemical techniques and electrode material development, particularly in practical development of electrodes relevant to biosensing
- Experience of performing R&D in an interdisciplinary environment
- Good understanding of relevant analytical methods
- Evidence of strong general scientific skills in designing and performing experiments, data analysis/statistics and communication/dissemination
OSLER WINNING BEHAVIOURS:
Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Instil Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Nimble Learning Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Collaborate Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Action Orientated Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Self Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application.
Join us and build a better future.