Lead Scientist, Validation
Osler has the potential to transform global health. It has built the foundation to do so and demonstrated that the vision can be realised. You will help realise this opportunity, shaping the direction of a rapidly scaling company, operating in a high-pace, visionary, intellectually rigorous, and (crucially) pragmatic environment, where you will be expected to be proactive, engage in debate, think strategically, and contribute towards our purpose to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
As we enter the next phase of product development, enhancing our team with leading scientific validation experience is essential. It's a really exciting time to join for someone with deep experience in working within the IVD or medical devices sector with a track record in verification and validation testing. You will have strong data analysis skills with experience analysing large and complex datasets and a proven track record of leading cross-functional engagement in solving complex problems encountered during product development.
- Work across different functions to ensure development and delivery of assays with a track record in verification and validation testing of FDA regulated products
- Take responsibility for the verification testing for an assay with a track record in verification and validation testing
- Plan and execute experiments for the purpose of developing validation protocols in compliance with CLSI and relevant guidelines
- Experience in statistical analysis and associated software such as JMP or Minitab
- Lead the development of significant project activities to ensure robust assay performance
- Design and execute appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving the assay to meet the required performance, stability, and cost requirements.
- Making improvements/modifications to current processes.
- Ensuring Design Control procedures are adhered and that reports, and procedures are written.
- Manage and develop scientists and technicians within the team.
- Technically reviewing change controls and peer-reviewing laboratory notebooks.
PhD with minimum 3+ years hands-on immunoassay development experience or BS/MS with 5+ years relevant hands-on immunoassay development experience.
- Must have superb attention to detail, producing work of exceptional quality and accuracy.
- Must be organized and efficient, able to multi-task and work to meet aggressive timelines.
- Must be an effective communicator, with strong oral and written presentation skills.
OSLER WINNING BEHAVIOURS:
Courage Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Instill Trust Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
Nimble Learning Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Collaborate Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Action Orientated Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Self Development Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application.
Join us and build a better future.