Office & Facilities Manager
If you like variety, have a can-do attitude and like to get stuff done in a fast-paced environment where the challenges are often technically complex and subject to change often, read on!
The purpose of this new role will oversee the broad management and maintenance of the office space and act as the key liaison to laboratory, engineering and production operations facility requirements. Reporting to the People Team with a dotted-line to the CFO, this role will be the key cross-functional point-of-contact for broad areas of responsibility such as overall building management and maintenance, a safe, efficient and healthy working environment and forethought and planning in preparation for Osler’s rapidly evolving requirements.
£35,000 - £45,000
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the office space as well as acting as the key liaison for requirements in the overall building management budget, owned by the CFO.
- Oversee vendor management for key office supplies such as food and drink, stationery and more; as well as maintenance of office assets, PAT testing and/or other related activities.
- Co-create an effective business support function with the team assistant, executive assistant and technical support/operations team in order to develop harmonious and inter-dependant relationships across technical and non-technical teams.
- Support and co-create with the People Team, effective, healthy and productive working spaces that enable and propagate our culture, values and delivery principles.
- Act as the lead liaison for overall IT support from our external IT provider, working with the onboarding process to setup and then maintain fit-for-purpose IT processes and equipment for our teams.
- Manage the team assistant/receptionist, who also has a dotted reporting line to the People Team for planning and management of team events.
Environment, Health and Safety:
- Act as the lead liaison for safety (fire and first-aid) and occupational health (including mental health and workspace access).
- Work with the Executive Assistant to cover absence/workload and to maintain business as usual. This may include overseeing senior meetings and completing board minutes, diary management, executive/field travel and other related tasks.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience in a dynamic, or fast-growth environment is essential where are you able to demonstrate complex problem-solving in often ambiguous circumstances.
- You are able to demonstrate a service attitude, often as go-between, to get things done without necessarily having the overall ownership and control to achieve it, you are able to achieve alignment and consensus through influence, diplomacy and consultancy to achieve the best outcome for everyone.
- You a self-starter, and enjoy the autonomy of self-management and decision-making; demonstrating resilience to conflicting needs and able to make purposeful and necessary trade-offs to take the best course of action.
- Experience in a technical, scientific, or engineering environment would be useful.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and build a better future.