EHS/ Biosafety Lead
The EHS/Bioafety Lead will be responsible for the development and implementation of our EHS strategy and management system, supporting and advising a multi-disciplinary business in the deployment and maintenance of EHS policies that go beyond minimum legislative requirements but are tailored and sequenced to our developing needs.
The purpose of this role is to establish a culture of environmental, health and biosafety that enables and supports highly innovative and fast-moving research and development.
£50,000 - £65,000
This role could be permanent or fixed term contract (FTC) , full-time or part-time (3 days per week minimum).
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Create the EHS/Biosafety strategic plan, fostering a culture of continual improvement in EHS program implementation, in line with ISO standards where the onus should be on our employees to self-manage and take accountability for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Establish a collaborative and engaging way of working with EHS legislation that meets our evolving needs in a sequential way so that EHS is adopted as an enabler, not a block to dynamic, innovative work.
- As Biosafety Officer, lead the biosafety program, including the training and qualification of employees in biosafety.
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective EHS training and awareness programmes that is compelling and drives high levels of engagement for all of our employees.
- Create and lead the safety committee, ensuring that EHS is implemented cross-functionally in such a way that EHS meets evolving business needs and product goals
- Establish a programme of documented health & Safety inspections, audits and checks and ensure that safety inspections are carried out in preparation for and participation in external audits
- Lead and collaborate with lab services and office management on Emergency Management, Fire Safety and First Aiders
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- A recognised (NEBOSH, IOSH etc) Occupational Health & Safety Qualification and/or specific qualifications in COSHH, Biological safety would be an advantage
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Significant working industry experience in a pharmaceutical, laboratory and/or manufacturing environment, which must include Biosafety.
- A demonstrable track record of developing EHS strategy including the roll-out and engagement with EHS/biosafety programmes, procedures and policies.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments, internal safety audits and accident investigations
- Substantial knowledge of legislative and best practice developments in the field of Safety, Health and environment and Biosafety including ISO 14001.
- Practical knowledge and understanding of UK including Environmental / Waste Management [an IEMA certification / qualification would be an advantage].
- Generation of training material and delivery of training to various levels of employees and management
- Must be a lean thinker with a passion for continuous improvement and making a difference
- Be meticulous in attention to professional standards
- Respond well to time constraints and changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and can engage, motivate and work with people.
- Outstanding organisational and co-ordination skills
- Working knowledge of PUWER, LOLER, DSEAR, PSSR and other manufacturing EHS legislation.
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and build a better future.