Data Scientist, Chemical & Medical Data Analysis
This new role will leverage technical algorithm and analysis skills to support colleagues in automating workflows, data wrangling, analysing internal and external data sets using data analysis tools (such as R, Python, Jupyter) and applying the latest data analysis techniques. Exceptional critical thinking skills will be vital in solving complex problems across multi-disciplinary teams and broad thematic areas of our research and development. This is a varied role in which you will have the opportunity to work on different projects and gain broad exposure to the world of diagnostics.
You are an innovator at heart who is motivated by being set a challenging problem, and can work as part of a close-knit team to create cutting-edge solutions which make a add real value to the business. You will curious to learn and unafraid to apply new techniques to solve a problem. Your innovative flair will be underpinned by experience at all stages of data science; problem definition, data acquisition & wrangling, modelling, feature engineering and deployment.
£40,000 - £60,000
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work on the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, to do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
What will you be doing and responsible for?
- Carry out research and analysis that underpins our research and development work.
- Manage your time across several projects, contributing to data cleaning and analysis, modelling, report writing and creation of new analytical tools to assist with improving data pipeline methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with professionals within the business to introduce them to data science concepts, with opportunities to mentor and upskill colleagues from varied technical and non-technical backgrounds.
What experience would you ideally have?
- Relevant Scientific/Computational/Mathematical Degree with industrial experience
- Evidence of strong proficiency in R
- Evidence of strong proficiency in Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas)
- Demonstrable experience of processing of large datasets
- Statistical data analysis techniques with an emphasis on descriptive statistics, exploratory data analysis and scientific / medical data analysis techniques
- Developing data pipelines, manipulating and cleaning data, extraction of data
- Developing high-quality algorithms to assist in modelling laboratory data
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to synthesise findings, communicate insights and visualise results to stakeholders across the business.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and verbal presentations of findings.
- Experience in medical/diagnostics data analysis preferred
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.