Research Assistant, Assay Development
As a Research Assistant you will be working within in the assay development team collaborating in the development of immunoassays. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic about, and show aptitude for, an assay development be proactive and have a high attention to detail. You will be in responsible for conducting experiments to enable the development of our innovative biosensor technology which will enable and empower all human beings to live healthier, happier, and longer lives.
£25,000 - £32,000
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work to the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, the do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work with scientists and senior scientists to help plan, conduct, analyse, interpret, write up and report experimentsto colleagues.
- Performs experiment to an extremely high standard in a timely manner.
- Maintaining laboratory notebooks to the required company standard
- Excellent experimental practice and general safety including risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Work with cross functional teams, be adaptable to the needs of the company and to deliver experimental data
- Conducting literature and database searches as required.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant Scientific Degree.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Working understanding of common immunoassay systems and scientific principles
- Ability to run document and analyse data with a meticulous attention to detail with support from scientists and senior scientists
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and verbal presentations of findings.
- Ability to integrate quickly into the company, forming good relationships within the teams,
- A highly motivated, organized, proactive and enthusiastic individual with a proven ability to work well on their own initiative and forms good relationships working within the team.
- Maintain concentration and focus when working on multiple projects.
- Knowledge of laboratory health and safety.
- Experience in assay development in an industry setting
- Experience of using and developing ELISA technology.
- IVD and/or clinical knowledge
- Experience handling biohazardous materials including human blood products
- Knowledge on statistical analysis tools
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.