Scientist(s), Assay Development
We're looking for the brightest and the best, with proven industry experience as a development scientist. We're a biosensor company, so the development of Assays is right at the core of who we are and what we're trying to build - our technology has the power to change point of care diagnostics, that means you do too. That's powerful.
You will be part of one of our fastest growing teams and responsible for designing and conducting experiments to highest standards; specifically you will collaborate in the development of solutions for Osler’s immunoassays. It's a hugely exciting time to join.
We're looking for all levels of expertise from experienced principal scientists, as well as senior and scientist level candidates.
This is a rare opportunity to be at the cutting edge of new product development in a truly multidisciplinary environment where you can see the power and impact of your work on the end product. In order to create, not only something new, but a step-change in what we think is possible, we expect the best people, to do their best. Osler provide a fantastic platform for professional development including 12 days annually and 4% of your salary to your specific, personalised improvement. This is a special place where we encourage everyone to be entirely themselves in order to be your best self.
What will you be doing and responsible for?
- Develop assays and designing experiments for assessing and improving assays and ensure assays that are developed meet the required performance metrics.
- Utilise technical knowledge to apply solutions novel or otherwise to solve complex technical problems using experience, knowledge, research and advice.
- Excellent experimental practice and general safety including risk assessments and COSHH assessments.
- Maintaining laboratory notebooks to the required company standard
- Act and work independently on own initiative and/or collaboratively with cross functional teams
- Communicating results to internal and external meetings
- Ensure you are trained on all appropriate procedures and train new personnel when required
- Liaise with external collaborators where appropriate
What experience would you ideally have?
- Relevant Scientific Degree with industrial experience
- Experience of solving technical problems in assay development including developing, troubleshooting or validating Immunoassays.
- Design and carry out experiments to assess and improve assay performance and developing new protocols
- Ability to carry out experiments and analyse data incorporating all required controls to assess and improve assay performance.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of product development in a dynamic fast paced IVD environment
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and verbal presentations of findings.
- Experience knowledge of protein purification and characterisation with hands on experience using associated equipment.
- Perform a range of analytical methods with a high level of complexity
- Experience in protein and surface chemistry processes, such as protein to protein or protein to surface coupling.
- Experience of using particle-based immunoassays
- Broad range of experience across a range of scientific disciplines
- Demonstration of consistent I.P. generation
- NEBOSH qualification of similar
There is no perfect candidate and no single person can do it all, but if this sounds like you, or what you could be and you're looking for somewhere to thrive; we want to hear from you.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Join us and build a better future.