The engineering technician will be part of our centralised, technical support team working across a variety of fast-moving, new product development projects. The work will be dynamic with lots of ambiguity at times so self-management, discipline and exacting time management will be essential; you must also have to confidence to seek clarity and understanding. Precision and attention to detail are vital.
This is a new role, part of fast-growing team developing an innovative medical diagnostics platform in the centre of Oxford.
£25,000 - £36,000
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Workshop maintenance and development.
- Purchasing and maintaining tool set.
- Delivery of SOP for workshop machinery and H&S
- Scheduling and prioritising tasks for the laser cutter and 3d printer and maintaining stock of materials for both.
- Minor updates to design. Ability to use CAD, Solidworks, Rhino.
- Workshop training/inductions for new and existing staff.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Experience using engineering plastics
- Experience using workshop machinery including CNC, 3D printing, traditional machining techniques and hand tools
- Experienced in accurate assembly of small parts
- Experience in CAD design for laser cutting, CNC and 3D printing
- Self motivated, organised and excellent time management
- Experience in medical, ISO13485 environment
- Expertise in trouble shooting mechanical parts and assemblies
- Problem solving on mechanical design issue
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application.
Join us and build a better future.