This is a new role, working with the CEO will create and own all Osler internal communications as well as support external communications, presentations and publications.
As a fast-paced, multidisciplinary company with enormous ambitions and a highly developed aesthetic; it is vital to our success that we communicate systematically. We need to ensure that engaging and beautiful content is distributed throughout the business so that we’re all aligned to purpose, strategy and aware of milestones, outcomes and wins. Enter you!
This is a challenging role where you will be primary touchpoint for senior stakeholders with sometimes conflicting priorities and viewpoints. This role will centralise, align and cascade effective and engaging internal communications, with some external engagement.
£35,000 - £50,000
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Scope, develop and curate interdepartmental, multidisciplinary communications (scientific, technical, commercial, corporate) for internal distribution, ensuring a clear purpose, messaging and cascade for optimal engagement.
- Develop and build content planning/ calendars with departmental leaders to ensure the effective distribution, adoption and engagement with internal communications such as quarterly goals, technical milestones, commercial initiatives, show n’ tells, retrospectives, employer branding etc. against wider, longer term Osler strategies.
- Create detailed, engaging and beautiful content for Osler, both internally and externally.
- Lead in creating and developing communication platforms and tools such as slack, retrospectives, newsletters, bulletins, video, etc. for internal use.
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff and scientific writers to own a library of resources, slide-decks and presentations for both internal/external presentations and publications.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders to support external communications such as investor management, commercial support, scientific publications, recruitment etc.
- Primary touchpoint for internal branding, marketing and messaging.
- Collaborate on internal/external events for marketing/messaging.
You love to communicate, especially in the service of others. You thrive by creating engaging content, knowing that purposeful communication underpins alignment, inter-dependency and ultimately, success. You can take multiple threads and weave them together in an impactful, specific way to the right audience.
You could be sitting in an agency, or perhaps not in communications specifically, but project management or research management. Either way, you’ll often see failures in the system, because people don’t talk, or don’t have all the information. You’ll notice gaps or repeated work because things get lost, or people who are brilliant at what they do, struggle to communicate their work/ intentions/ goals. This role will correct that error most companies miss and you’ll want to own it.
You will be able to get the information you need in a challenging, fast-paced environment where priorities often clash, and collaborate with others to build interdepartmental conduits through which information and content flows freely.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience and/or qualification in media, communications and language.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Some experience in a Communications/content role, ideally in a fast-moving multidisciplinary environment.
- Influencing and negotiating skills and exemplary stakeholder management, able to cultivate and maintain good working relationships and manage challenging partnerships.
- Demonstrated project and process management skills.
- Proven ability to prioritise and adhere to timelines.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills as well as an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Highly proficient with MS Powerpoint, Slack/ other communication and presentation tools.
- Experience in a scientific or highly technical environment.
- Experience of the management of an internal communications network
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application.
Join us and build a better future.