Systems Integration Engineer/Scientist
Are you in one particular function such as research, or development; science or engineering and often see the interdisciplinary mistakes of isolated, siloed working? Could you bridge those gaps, and create convergence? Then this could be for you!
As a point of contact between all technical departments you will encourage, support and strengthen interdisciplinary communication and collaboration within product development. You will remain up to date with ongoing development efforts in each technical team to help guide product development efforts holistically, rather than in isolated departments. This is a multi-faceted hands-on role, which by the nature of the work involved requires the ability to cope with ambiguity and sometimes limited information.
£30,000 - £45,000
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Proactively collaborate with colleagues in all areas of system development, from next generation cartridge and instrument, to assay and sensor, with a particular emphasis on interfaces between system modules.
- Investigate device or experiment failure modes via root-cause analysis.
- Identify risks and opportunities around system integration
- Ensure that proposed solutions are appropriate (e.g. production solutions are scalable at an appropriate level of complexity and cost).
- Disseminate information and coordinate information transfer between development teams to prevent or capture any scope creep, throughout product development life cycle.
- Generation of specifications and design of experiments to ensure the quality of data being generated at all stages during product development can be as robust as possible.
- Development and transfer of technologies and techniques via the generation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist risk assessment of new equipment and processes.
You will have a scientific or engineering background with experience in either product development, device manufacture and/or experimental design. You are used to proactively engaging with various, multi-disciplinary teams of people and at various levels of hierarchy with limited to no supervision. You are transparent in your approach to work and in what you do not understand, with no reservations on asking for or providing help from/to the wider company. You are resilient and confident enough to challenge subject matter experts and senior members of development teams and be challenged in return.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- [BSc or BEng or Equivalent]
- [MSC or MEng or Equivalent or higher]
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Understanding of and experience in the use of RCA, CAPA and general fault-finding strategies.
- Understanding of and experience in appropriate statistical methods.
- Have previously worked within a manufacturing or development environment, preferably ISO13485/ ISO9001.
- Worked inter-disciplinary across multiple departments
- Working within GMP and GLP.
- Working in a biological or chemical laboratory environment.
- Design, set-up and optimisation of assembly lines.
- Experience of fluidic devices or components.
- Working knowledge of various prototyping and manufacturing techniques such as 3D printing, injection moulding, laser cutting.
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and to make your application.
Join us and build a better future.