Senior Sourcing Engineer
This new role is part of a new function and as such we're specifically looking for someone with start-up > SME transition experience, with broad, dynamic skill-set.
This position has the authority and responsibility to be the primary integration point linking Strategic Sourcing with Research & Development and New Product Introduction (NPI) project teams. Technical Sourcing will lead the identification of Suppliers and reduction of overall supply risk and drive the adoption of capable technologies & sources in product development resulting in predictable supply & competitiveness through full product launch.
£45,000 - £65,000
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead supplier evaluation, selection, development, qualification, and product launch ramp-up aligned with development strategies. Accountable for completing source selection in alignment with strategies.
- Provide front line negotiation and an ability to influence design/technology/source decisions. This will be done with a view of total cost of ownership.
- Identify and communicate sourcing risks early in the development cycle to drive mitigating designs and or focused supplier development.
- Closely partner with R&D to identify new sources in Technologies to support growth business objectives and technology road-map advancement
- Document & manage overall project sourcing strategies.
- Track and manage improvements in procured component supply risk, quality, material cost, and response / lead time for the full device procured bill of material.
- Report out at each progressive development stage gate.
- Manage and coordinate all sourcing project deliverables in support of product development.
- Lead Supplier efforts for NPD projects by becoming an expert in Supplier products and processes. Work with R&D and Supplier Quality to ensure Critical to Quality product requirements are addressed.
- Develop the value stream and assist with the transfer to sustaining.
- Provide post launch support as needed.
- Provide inputs and support the setup of the supply chain.
- Travel required 25% – 35%.
- Project management skills
- Influence skills to achieve results across a matrix organisation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise changes while consistently meeting customer needs
- Broad technical knowledge / background
- Negotiation skills
- Lean Sigma experience
- Proven experience in medical device or regulated industry
We look forward to hearing from you and introducing you to Osler, thank you for taking the time to consider us and make your application.
Join us and build a better future.